We take privacy and the protection of personal information seriously. Our Privacy Notice is regularly reviewed to make sure we continue to serve the privacy interests of our Business Contacts. We reserve the right to change and update this Privacy Notice and these changes will be posted on our website. If you have any queries concerning your personal information or any questions on our use of the information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Privacy Notice sets out details about how we gather, use and share personal information and about individual privacy rights. How we use personal information depends upon the context in which it is made available to us.
It sets out the conditions under which we may process and information that we collect from you, or that you supply to us. It covers persona information e.g. information that could identify you and information that could not. For the purpose of this Notice ‘process’ means to collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information we receive
We are committed to maintaining trust and confidence by ensuring that your personal information is not used for any purpose other than what it is intended for and will not be shared with a third party other than those approved by us to assist us in operating our business.
2. About Us
In this Privacy Notice references to ‘we’ and ‘use’ are to (Adey Steel, Adey Steel shop, Adey Technical and Adey Transport) our individual Company registration number can be found on our website. (www.adeysteelgroup.co.uk). Our address is Falcon Industrial Estate, Meadow Lane, Loughborough, LE11 1HL.
3. What Kinds of Personal Information We Use
We use a variety of personal information depending on the circumstances under which it is made available to us.
4. Business Contacts
We hold the names, job titles, employer details and profession contact details for various business contacts, including client contacts, supplier contacts and interested parties who have provided their details to us.
5. Job Applicants
Where you apply for a role with us, we will process the personal information you provide to us as part of your application and any interview selection process. Further information regarding this can be found in our Careers section (Job Applicant Privacy Notice).
6. How We Gather your Personal Information
We only use personal information which we have obtained directly for the purposes described in the Privacy Notice.
Business Contacts: These may be collected via forms on our website, or during the course of normal business correspondence with business contacts.
Job Applicants: Personal information will be gathered directly from you or from your third-party references.
7. Why We Use Personal Information
We will use personal information for the following purpose:
Business Contacts: We process the personal information of our business contacts as necessary for the legitimate interest of managing the day-to-day operation of our business, including contractual obligations, correspondence, engaging suppliers, and promoting our services to business contacts.
Job Applicants: We process the personal information of job applicants for the legitimate interests of determining whether or not to employ a particular individual for the role in our organisation. Where we decide to employ a job applicant, we process their personal information for the purposes of entering into and performing our employment contract with the applicant.
If we are not provided with access to personal information for the purposes outlined in this section we may not be able to offer or provide certain services, or we may not be able to complete job applications.
8. How Long We Keep Personal Information
We will never retain personal information for any longer than is necessary for the purposes we need to use it for to provide you with the goods/services you have requested, to comply with other law including for the period demanded by tax authorities, to support a claim or defence in court.
For job applications retention periods please refer to our Careers section - Job Applicant Privacy Notice
9. Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
Except as detailed we do not share or sell or disclose to a third party any information collected by us. We only share personal information to the extent necessary for fulfilling the purposes outlined in ‘Why We Use Personal Information’ including where necessary for the provision of services. Where we are under a legal or contractual obligation to do so or where it is fair and reasonable for us to do so in the circumstances.
10. We may share personal information with the following third parties:
Government bodies: We may be required by law to share personal information with government bodies and regulators such as HMRC
Suppliers: We use a number of different suppliers, with whom we may need to share personal information such as Name and Address for direct deliveries to Clients on our behalf. In these, circumstances, we take steps required by data protection laws to ensure that these suppliers protect the personal information we share with them.
11. Reasons for Processing Data
Generally, your information is processed because we:
- Have a contractual obligation to you and to fulfil it we need to process personal information you have provided.
- Where you have contacted us to provide more information about our business, about employment opportunities, and our services. In such instances you provide your consent to us to process information that may include personal information. (e.g. Where you have contacted us by email and are expecting a reply).
- Have a legal obligation. As with other companies and individuals we are subject to the law. We must sometimes process personal data to comply with a statutory requirement.
12. Storage of Data
The data we collect is kept securely within the UK. If the basis on which we process your personal data is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your data. we shall notify you of any changes and of any new basis under which we have identified that we can continue to process your information.
13. Your Rights
You have a number of legal rights relating to your personal data, which are outlined here:
- The right to make a subject access request. This enables you to receive certain information about how we use your data, as well as to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- The right to request that we correct incomplete or inaccurate personal data that we hold about you.
- The right to request that we delete or remove personal data that we hold about you where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- The right to object to our processing your personal data where we are relying on our legitimate interest (or those of a third party), where we cannot show a compelling reason to continue the processing
- The right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- The right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data. We do not normally rely on your consent as the legal ground for using your personal data. However, if we are relying on your consent as the legal ground for using any of your personal data and you withdraw your consent, you also have the right to request that we delete or remove that data, if we do not have another good reason to continue using it.
- The right to request that we transfer your personal data to another party, in respect of data that you have provided where our legal ground for using the data is that it is necessary for the performance of a contract or that you have consented to us using it (this is known as the right to “data portability”).
- The right to object to a decision based on profiling/solely automated decision-making, including the right to voice your opinion, and obtain human intervention in the decision-making.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please email email@example.com or in writing to the Finance Department, Adey Steel, Falcon Industrial Estate, Meadow Lane, Loughborough, LE11 1HL in writing or the ICO (www.ico.org.uk).
We are required to verify the identity of anyone requesting to exercise their privacy rights and we may ask individuals to provide valid identification documents when making a request to allow us to do this. We will not make any charge for responding to any request from an individual exercising their privacy rights and we will respond to any requests in accordance with our obligation under data protection laws. Note that these rights are not absolute and in some circumstances, we may be entitled to refuse some or all of your request.
14. Online Activity
When someone visits our Website, we collect standard internet log information and details of visitors’ behaviour patterns. We do this to understand the number of visitors we have to the various parts of the Website, we do this in a way that does not identify anyone.